Sunday, August 28, 2011

Today is the day!

....and a very long day at that. Luckily for me, Hurricane Irene doesn't affect the Midwest town of Cincinnati Ohio, so my flight is right on time.

I'm set to fly out of Ohio at 5:45 p for an 8 hour flight to Paris. Unfortunately during that 8 hour flight I completely forgo night time, as I am landing in Paris at 7:55 am. Translation: no sleep for Ali. Once in Paris, I have 6 hours to kill in the airport (how early is too early to have a glass of wine?) then I board another 4 1/2 hour flight, landing in Amman at 7:30 pm.

It's sure to be a very long, long day so think of me fondly as I will be lugging around two 50 lb suitcases, a backpack, camera, and purse for the better part of tonight.

I will then spend 3 days at a hotel for orientation and then will finally be moving in with my host family on Thursday.

Exciting week ahead! Thank you for everyone's love and support.

One last shout out to America ....I think I'll miss you the most.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment